So, what is involved when you schedule a service for your stairlift? What can you expect, how long might it take and how can you help prior to our stairlift engineer arriving?
Your stairlift will have a higher life expectancy if it is serviced at least once a year by a qualified stairlift engineer. A stairlift service will also ensure the safety of your stairlift and provide you with that extra piece of mind.
BM Stairlifts offer a range of affordable stairlift service plans with 24 Hour breakdown assistance. If you have any queries or would like to schedule a stairlift service, contact the BM Stairlift service team.
A stairlift service will involve a full inspection of the structural and operational functions of the lift and its interface with the surrounding environment. Including electrics, power supply, hydraulics, safety, Clean rail, rack, and guide pads.
Other stairlift service functions include:
- Checking rail wear
- Clean charging contacts
- Check battery voltage (load test)
- Check safety switches (footrest, carriage, seat).
- Check armrest switch and keyswitch
- Check battery charger output:
- Check voltage while carriage is traveling up
- Load test using remote control
- Check contacts and test with carriage against and away from contacts
- Test with carriage against contacts
- Speed Check
- Check seat belt for wear and proper operation.
- Examine exposed wiring. Are there any cuts or abrasions?
- Verify operation of seat swivel mechanism. Does it move easily and lock in place correctly?
- Check that all hardware is properly tightened.
Here is a short video that highlights one feature of a stairlift service:
Make sure your stairlift service engineers are qualified and have a recognised reputation.