Table of Contents
Second Hand Stair Lifts
BM Stairlifts stock a range of high quality, reconditioned second-hand stair lifts. Visit our Reconditioned Stairlifts page for further details.
Purchasing a Second Hand Stair Lift from a Private Seller – The Pitfalls?
Most second hand stair lifts are well taken care of and can be very tempting when the price on offer from a private seller on Done Deal or similar website is far cheaper than a new stair lift. Before you make that decision to buy a second hand stair lift privately, consider these factors below.
- How will you install the stair lift?
- How can you determine if the stairlift is in good condition or not? How will you find out its full service history?
- Will the stairlift be fitted on the same side of the stairs? Not all stairlifts are programmed to fit both sides of the stairs.
- Have you considered the maintenance requirements of your second-hand stair lift?
- Would you be competent installing a second hand stair lift, have you any experience installing second hand stair lifts?
- How long do you think a successful stair lift installation will take you? How much is you weekend worth?!! Do you need the hassle?
- And lets say, the installation doesn’t go so well, who will you turn to?
- With a second-hand straight stairlift, the entire assembly can be reused, however, are you aware that with a curved stairlift the rail must be customised and bespoke to fit your staircase – the second-hand rail is redundant.
How Can BM Stairlifts Help?
Yes we are a stairlift installation company who want you to engage our services, however, we have seen many people paying more in the long run due to lack of knowledge and experience and we would just like to make people realise that it’s not just the price of a lift that matters. We do stock second hand stair lifts…which might suit your budget better than a new stairlift.
We can remove all the hassle for you, leave the stair lift installation to the experts! Remove the chance that you could buy an end of life second hand stair lift, remove the installation worries and the time and hassle you will likely experience purchasing from an unverified seller.
If have any enquiries about your stairlift options, whether a second hand stair lift is appropriate or perhaps we may have an alternative affordable option, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Advantages of Purchasing a Second Hand Stair Lift from BM Stairlifts
- BM Stairlifts qualified engineers and electricians have been installing stairlifts for more than a decade
- BM Stairlifts ensures that all of our second-hand stairlifts have been reconditioned to meet our strict standards
- BM Stairlifts provide a comprehensive 12 month guarantee (optional service maintenance package available after the guarantee expires)
- BM Stairlifts second-hand stairlifts come with a unique serial number, verifying the stairlift’s full history.
An unwanted second-hand stair lift, your options?
So, what can you do with a second-hand stair lift? How much might it be worth? Should I just drop the second-hand stair lift into the recycling centre? Let’s look at a few options.
Do not bin your second-hand stair lift….. We Buy Stairlifts
It’s possible that we may be interested in purchasing your unwanted stairlift. The first thing to do is send an email to email@example.com or Whatsapp 086 840 7401 including pictures of the stairlift, what part of the Country you are in and any other information that you may think is relevant.
You will see that there are stairlifts listed online by private sellers for up to €2,000. To be honest, this is an unrealistic amount to expect to make back on a pre-owned stairlift, even if it is a curved stairlift that cost €5,000 – €6,000 new or has only been used a few times.
There are many factors that have to be taken into consideration, e.g. the rail not being suitable for another staircase. This is usually the case with curved stairlift rails as they have been customised to fit, therefore the seat and carriage may be the only parts reusable.
Another important point is that a stairlift manufacturer will not stand over a lift sold privately or one which has not been removed or installed by a qualified stairlift engineer.
We recondition all of the stairlifts we buy back to a high standard, fit new batteries to ensure they are in working order prior to installation to put your mind at ease.
What websites should I post my second-hand stair lift on?
If you do decide to sell your stairlift privately, there are a number of classified websites that may have second-hand stair lifts listed, such as: