Are you looking for an affordable stairlift solution without sacrificing quality and reliability? Look no further than BM Stairlifts. Our selection of reconditioned stairlifts come with the same level of assurance as a new lift, complete with warranty and aftercare service. If you’re considering buying a second-hand stairlift, please read this post to ensure you make an informed decision.
Looking to Sell an Unwanted Stairlift?
We are always on the lookout for unwanted stairlifts. If you have an unwanted stair lift in good condition that has not been dismantled, please complete our stairlift removal form or send photos along with any relevant information such as age of the lift and what county it is in to Brian on WhatsApp . or email@example.com
Buyer Beware! Buying a Second-Hand Stairlift from a Private Seller
Most second hand stair lifts are well taken care of and can be very tempting when the price on offer from a private seller on Done Deal or similar website is far cheaper than what you have been quotes from a trusted stairlift provider.
You will see that there are stairlifts listed online by private sellers for €2,000, sometimes even more! To be honest, this is an unrealistic amount to expect to make back on a pre-owned stairlift, even if it is a curved stairlift that cost €5,000 – €6,000 new or has only been used a few times. There are many factors that have to be taken into consideration, e.g. the rail not being suitable for for your staircase. This is usually the case with curved stairlift rails as they have been customised to fit, therefore the seat and carriage may be the only parts reusable.
Another important point to highlight is that a stairlift manufacturer will not stand over the warranty of a lift that has been purchased from a private seller or one which has not been removed or installed by a qualified stairlift engineer.
We recondition all of the used stairlifts we buy back to a high standard, doing a full service and fitting new batteries to ensure the lift is in full working order prior to installation to put your mind at ease. The majority of reconditioned stairlifts we install are less than two years old.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Pre-Owned Stairlift from a Private Seller
- How will you install the stair lift? If the installation doesn’t go so well, who will you turn to?
- How well-maintained was the stairlift prior to purchase? Does the seller have a record of previous breakdowns or services?
- How old is the lift? Are parts readily available?
- Will the stairlift be fitted on the same side of the stairs? Not all stairlifts are programmed to fit both sides of the stairs.
- Have you considered the maintenance requirements of your second-hand stair lift?
- With a second-hand straight stairlift, the entire assembly can be reused, however, are you aware that with a curved stairlift the rail must be customised and bespoke to fit your staircase – in 90% of cases the second-hand rail is redundant.
- Is the stairlift rail the correct length for your stairs? In the event that it is too long, how will you adjust it?
How Can BM Stairlifts Help?
We understand the temptation to buy a second-hand stairlift from sites like DoneDeal to save on costs, but what you need most is reliability, maintenance, and safety. Don’t risk purchasing an end-of-life used stairlift from unverified sellers, or dealing with the headaches of installation. Instead, choose our premium reconditioned option for effortless peace of mind. Our comprehensive service ensures that you’ll receive a quality installation backed with aftercare service, 365 days of the year.
The benefits of purchasing a second-hand stairlift from BM Stairlifts include:
- BM Stairlifts qualified engineers and electricians have been installing stairlifts for over 16 years and are trained to install the product safely and correctly.
- BM Stairlifts ensures that all of our second-hand stairlifts are fitted with new batteries and thoroughly inspected prior to installation.
- We provide a comprehensive 12 month parts and labour warranty and ten year motor warranty for every reconditioned stairlift we sell. Optional service maintenance package available after the warranty expires.
- We provide ongoing support including maintenance services and repairs when required.